April 9, 2015

Frangipane Galette

What day is it?
It feels like Friday ( I know its not...)
What a week!
I haven't blogged in days, the boys are on Easter break, work has been super busy and today the hubs and I spent the whole day devoted to looking into a new build.
We are so close now!

I've been meaning to post this delicious sweet treat...Figs are totally out of season now but this is a recipe worth bookmarking to try in the warmer months.
Two weeks ago I had a girly lunch at my house.
It was fun hosting and planning a lunch gathering for three close friends, girls I worked with at the 'Sydney Olympic Games' organising committee over 15years ago...(feels like a life time...) We try to catch up at least two to three times a year (and lots of emails in between).
Only two made it to my place for lunch and for afternoon dessert I made
Frangipane Galette with Fresh Figs, Thyme and Marscapone - it was enjoyed by all!
I actually had Pear & almond tartlets planned for dessert but my fruit grocer had beautiful fresh figs available so I had a quick change of plans.
They do say we should plan our meals at the market and not in the kitchen.

Frangipane
60g soft butter
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup almond meal
Beat butter, zest and sugar in a small bowl until creamy.  Add egg yolk and almond meal - set bowl aside.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Use 1 & 1/2 squares ready rolled shortcrust pastry and press pieces together to form a rectangle.
Slide onto baking paper and onto large oven tray.
Spread Frangipane over pastry leaving a 5cm border.  Fold edges over frangipane.
Brush pastry with beaten egg white and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Let it cool.
Topping
5 large figs cut into wedges
250g marscapone
1 Tablespoon icing sugar
1 teaspoon lemon thyme leaves
Honey to drizzle
In a bowl beat marscapone and sugar until smooth. Spread over baked frangipane.  Arrange figs on top.  Sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with honey.
Serve with coffee or tea.
* Recipe from Home Beautiful magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...